Back One Page
Email a Friend
creator of Distant Healer
Why Do People Drink and Drive?
A poem for people who think it's okay to drink and drive
- I went to a party and I remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, so I drank soda instead.
- I felt really proud inside, just the way you said I would.
I didn't drink and drive, even though the others said I should.
- I know I did the right thing, 'cause I know you're always right.
Now the dance is over, as everyone drives out of sight.
- As I got in my car, I knew I'd be okay.
Because of the way you raised me, I'm as sober as the day.
- I started to move away, but as I pulled out of the drive,
The other car didn't see me, and it hit me in the side.
- As I lie on the pavement, I heard the policeman say,
The other guy is drunk, and now I'm the one who'll pay.
- As I lie here dying, I think, I wish you'd get here soon.
How come this happened to me now, my life burst like a balloon.
- There is blood all around me, and most of it is mine.
I hear the paramedic say, that I'll die in a very short time.
- I just want to tell you, I didn't drive and drink.
I'm sure that many others, just didn't stop to think.
- I'm sure I saw this man at the same party as I
The only difference now is he's fine and I must die.
- Why do people drink, it can ruin your whole life.
I'm feeling sharp pains now, pains just like a knife.
- The driver who hit me is walking, I don't think that's fair.
I'm lying here dying, and all he can do is stare.
- Tell my brother not to cry, and tell daddy to be brave.
And when I go to heaven, put some flowers on my grave.
- Someone should have told him, not to drink and drive.
If only they would have taken time, I would still be alive.
- My breathing is getting shorter, I've got pains in my chest.
Thanks for sticking by me, I know you did your best.
- I do have one last question, before I have to say good-bye,
I didn't ever drink and drive, so why am I to die?
- We've finally reached the end, I wish I could look you in the eye,
To say these final words, Mum, I love you and good-bye...
Modified by Phil Chave (mainly because the timing and meterage was terrible) from a spam email that arrived around Christmas time 2004. The original author is unknown.
|The Healing Meditation CD
||The Cord Cutting Technique CD
||The Miracle of Self Healing CD|
|Free Yourself from Smoking the Easy Way
||The Healing Power of Laughter CD
||Pre and Post-operative Anxiety Help & Healing CD|
Please share this page with your friends. Thank you.